Sunday, April 20, 2008

The cold hard truth

Aloha, sorry for the extended absence (It took me 3 tries to spell that correctly).

I have spent the past few months writing for various organizations and publications, and this blog went untouched for far too long. Especially considering all the travel I have done lately.

One of the things I think is important to clarify is that when I write about my travel experiences, I think they are pretty accurate in their descriptions, and I think my experiences are pretty average at the larger properties. The resort employees, other then the front desk and maybe housekeeping, have no idea who I am. So I think I have a pretty authentic experience most of the time. I do sometimes get to try things that are extra special (like tasting menus at restaurants showcasing their best efforts) but in those instances, I know that I am experiencing something special or out of the ordinary, and I will note that beforehand.

While my posts are going to focus on the "good stuff" every once in a while I wil have an experience that isn't so great. I'll mention those too - just so you get steered away from them....but by and large this blog will be my recommendations - not a critique.

No comments: