Friday, June 6, 2008

Fairmont Kea Lani - a favorite of just about everyone I know

Two words to describe what is wonderful and special about the Kea Lani ? Guest. Experience.

This post is a long time in the making, because my total love affair with the Kea Lani has been ongoing for almost my entire time on Maui. It all started a few months after I got to Maui, and needed a job. I got one at the Kea Lani, and so I have 2 very different views of the resort - as a guest, and from my time behind the scenes as an employee. I think it says a lot when someone who has worked behind the scenes, seen how it all works out of the guest's sight....still recommends it wholeheartedly.

Because of that, I can say honestly that this hotel is extremely concerned about the guest experience. Each day, every employee sees the list of current guests, and is expected to know names, birthdays, and do anything within their power to make sure the guest is 110% THRILLED with their time there.

This leads to a lot of very happy clients, and of course a confident recommendation. I have clients at the resort right now. Before they arrived, I received notice that there was going to be some work on one of the pools during their stay. I called the resort, spoke with one of the miracle workers on their team, and got the guarantee that they would be in a room far from the work area - with an upgrade. When the client got to the resort, they had a concern, and I once again got on the phone, and had a phone call and email offering solutions. It means a lot when the property cares about your client as much as you do. I don't know how many travel agents get on the phone before their client's arrival to make sure everything is ready for their arrival - but I do, and I know I can count on the Kea Lani to assure a fantastic experience.

The Kea Lani is an all-suite property. Each suite is over 800 square feet - which is insanity. The bathroom is larger then my bedroom at home. Seriously. Most of the rooms have large balconies, and with a seperate living room it is a perfect option for families, extended families, and really, just about anyone else. Another great option is the Kea Lani Villas. WOO HOOOOO ! 2 and 3 bedroom units, with full kitchens, washer and dryer, dining area, and a comfy living room. But my favorite part of the villas? Each unit has an enormous gas grill on the patio, next to a small private pool. Yeah, you get your own pool !

And I haven't even mentioned all of the amazing amenities in the rooms, the incredible beach, the ocean walk that runs the length of the Wailea beaches, the gourmet deli/grocery store, the Aveda Salon, the spa, the boutiques, the new fitness center, the great kids club, and the yummy restaurants. One of my favorite "moke you smile" details is the fact that when the resort is busy and has a lot of kids on property, they will rent a jumpy castle. The property is SO focused on the guest experience, from the very smallest guests to the senior citizens.

Some not to be missed details.....

The outrigger canoe experience exclusively at the Kea Lani
The yogurt parfait with Anahola Granola
A private chef experience for Villa guests
A stroll on the ocean walk at sunrise or sunset
Dessert. They have the most amazing pastry chefs on property !

No comments: